HISTORY - The building is located in the gardens area , that is so called because during Roman times it was located just outside the city walls, whose ruins can now be found in the old cellar of the house and have been photographed, protected and then covered with new flooring as required by the superintendent. The gardens area is in the historical centre of the town and it is characterized by low-rise buildings with large gardens. Adjacent to the property, towards the second half of the 12th century the Romanesque Basilica of San Primo was built, which was officiated by a collegiate church of canons who in 1354 entered the Congregation of the Servants of Mary in 1354, to whom the church belonged starting from the mid-18th century. It is likely that the convent of the Order of Servants of Mary was set here: traces passages between the convent and the church are still visible in our property both in the surrounding wall and in the walls of the old vaulted cellars. The current layout of the interiors is still the original one of the 18th century, along with the main staircase in the gray gneiss , the grand staircase in the old brick and wooden beams going down into the cellar , coffered ceilings in almost all areas, the old beams and trusses of the roof , the three original fireplaces in stone ( in the living room , the dining room and study ) as well as the brick vaulted cellars . In the 19th century the property became the residence of the Marquees de ' Paoli, who were doing business in transportation with carriages and horses until 1950. The area housing now the indoor pool was once the carriage house , while the sleeping area on the top floor overlooking the pool used to be originally the old barn. The entire estate was sold to the current owners in 1998. RENOVATION – The amazing restoration work was carried out while holding by the original materials and use of spaces, in order to avoid damaging the original structure. The roof has been completely redone to meet the highest standards of thermal insulation. The floors are made of exotic wood boards and other resin. The exterior walls have been treated with special plaster to ensure a high coefficient of thermal insulation, while still allowing good ventilation to avoid problems with internal humidity. Internally plasters have been applied directly onto the wall with a trowel and then treated with natural wax . All electrical switches were custom-made by a British company specializing in electric plates of high standards. Floor-heating to ensure the guarantee energy savings. The indoor pool is heated by the energy leftover from conditioning system and its ventilation system is completely autonomous . The dehumidification system is implemented by dedicated fan coils in every room. The building has an elevator , which connects the four floors of the house ( from the basement to the attic ) . The exterior doors are all made with double glazing, while the interior doors are mostly original, but then restored and pickled.