The Manor of Cornwallis Cross, or Cross Manor as it is known today, is one of the oldest and best-documented manor houses in Maryland. Part of a land grant to Thomas Cornwallis, the new colony’s richest merchant and Deputy Commissioner of the colony by the first Lord Baltimore in 1639, it was one of the first land grants in Maryland. The current home, circa 1765, stands on 110 acres with over 3000 feet of waterfront on St. Inigoes Creek and the St. Mary’s River. The property features a main home with four bedrooms and two and one half baths, and two one-bedroom guesthouses. Fully restored in painstaking detail, the home maintains its original hardwood floors, paneling, and staircases blended with modern upgrades to the kitchen and baths. Further amenities include a deep-water pier, barns, pool and lighted tennis court.