Château de l’Herm en Périgord The first mention of the castle known as Château de l'Herm appears in the texts in 1309. The whole is surrounded by deep ditches filled with water surrounding a platform on which the castle was built. One penetrated into the enclosure through a gatehouse sheltering the drawbridge. The elegant present castle, Gothic, was erected between 1500 and 1520 by Jean de Calvimont, advisor to the Parliament of Bordeaux. The June 16, 1679 took place the auction of l'Herm and his lordship at the court of the Parliament of Paris. It is Marie de Hautefort platonic lover of Louis XIII, who becomes the owner. The Hautefort sell the fields in 1830. In 1899, the castle of l'Herm experiencing a new heyday when Eugene Le Roy is inspired by the romantic ruin for his novel "Jacquou le Croquant " which recounts an episode of revolts in Périgord. This beautiful romantic relic revived thanks to conservation work undertaken. The building consists of a main building with three floors, flanked by two round towers to the west and a beautiful stair tower is hexagonal. The front door is a jewel, a subtle blend between the late Gothic exuberance and refinement of the Renaissance. It provides a wide spiral staircase is the central axis a masterpiece of virtuosity. Column, molded and twisted seems to wrap around itself with infinite grace, until the final explosion of the arch ribs graceful bouquet. 3 fireplaces "suspended" flamboyant Gothic style are the arms of Calvimont. The 13 chimneys of the castle are in place. The set is of exceptional beauty. On one hectare, the property comprises two small houses.