Integrity and architectural purity are the hallmarks of this extraordinary three story residence with roots dating to the 1800s. Originally built in 1839 by the Thomas Clark's as the main residence for a working dairy farm, Ridgeland Farm lived as such until the early 20's, when noted architect, James Gamble Rogers, transformed a large farmhouse into the stately, nine bedroom Colonial now on four, impeccably landscaped acres. The gardens were designed and laid out in 1923 by Beatrix Ferrand for the Nelson Williams family, who owned the house for almost thirty years. The current owners have brought the house into the new millennium by completing a top to bottom restoration. The end result, a luxuriously livable renovation designed to accommodate modern family living and entertaining on a grand scale while preserving the integrity of a bygone era. The separate guest cottage was completely rebuilt in 2004. The privately sited heated pool area is designed to perfectly compliment with a decidedly European feel. Lovely brick walls, lush specimen plantings and extensive flagstone terracing are a continuation of the old world charm and great attention to detail that is so evident throughout. Additional land available.