The Castle of Todi, historically known as the Tower of Porchiano, was one of the watchtowers built to defend the town of Todi around the year 1000. The castle once hosted Princess Margaret of England. On the ground floor there is a dining room with a large fireplace, the kitchen, a guest toilet, and the elevator connecting to two upper floors. On the first floor, a formal entry hall connects through a double-arched opening to the large living room with a monumental stone fireplace. On the second floor there are three ensuite bedrooms and a bi-level library. The adjacent tower houses two more very characteristic ensuite bedrooms. The Castle of Todi sits amid beautiful gardens spread over two acres of land, partially enclosed by high stone walls. Separated by woods and pine trees, one discovers a traditional Italian garden divided by hedges into 'rooms' characterized by pergolas, fountains, and sweeping views creating a theatrical effect. The property includes a guest cottage, the caretaker's house, and a hidden outdoor pool.