Built in a place where once is believed to have existed a convent, its original date is with no doubt the year of 1533 engraved on the main gate. Its sober and elegant architecture consists of two wings with three terraces: a central one on the top of the turret and the other two on the West and the East wings, respectively. The magnificence of the south wing contrasts with Sintra’s luxury vegetation. The interior architecture consists of a ground floor with broad access areas with generous hall, kitchen and pantry, with multiple accesses to the interior and exterior patios and pool, with a magnificent granite staircase and with an interior marble staircase leading to the second floor. Still on the ground floor the staircase opens wide to a large room with alabaster columns with access to large rooms with Estremoz marble floors and glazed ceramic tiles with artistically frescoe decorated ceilings by master Basalisa. On the second floor there are three bedrooms, including en-one suite, all with private bathrooms and sucupira floors. From the second floor there is a staircase leading to leads to the mansard, which consists of small rooms and bathrooms. On the west side the property includes the caretakers’ house and a garage, as well as an older small building. The rural part of the property extends throughout the valley on 40,000sqm of woods, gardens and a vegetable garden bounded on the east by the urban tissue of ancient Sintra town, where nearby places such as Lawrence’s Hotel, Celeiro the Juga and Quinta do Relógio stand out. Its forest park feature secular indigenous tree species of great size, showing multiple rare specimens of exotic varieties and is crossed by two streams, water sources and mines.