To experience the elegance and practicality embedded in this gracious home is to take a delightful journey of discovery. Set back from one of Killara’s premier streets, it presents a grand yet welcoming profile, making it immediately obvious that meticulous care and attention to detail underscores every element.
The driveway curves to immaculate sandstone steps and wraparound veranda. The entrance hall under 3-metre high ceilings is flanked by an immense dining room and graceful reception room. Polished hardwood flows to expansive informal living and dining with, at its hearth, a stunning open plan chef’s kitchen. Either side are the home’s two wings, added to the century old original residence. To the left are designer bathrooms and spacious bedrooms, all exquisitely appointed, secluded and serene. To the right, beyond the bespoke home office, is the parents’ master suite, a graceful, private retreat.
All bedrooms open to a wraparound timber deck, a sandstone patio and idyllic lawns as well as gardens crowned by a curved pool set in Travertine marble and near-invisible glass balustrades. Remarkably versatile, the home offers superb floorplan flexibility and includes fully appointed separate cottage accommodation, perfect as a guest/teenager’s retreat or an artist’s/musician’s studio.
A home crafted over time to create idyllic sequences of entertainment areas and pockets of seclusion. It’s imbued with grace and style and it’s redolent of the warmth and care that shape an idyllic family life.
- Built in 1915, this Federation estate is the centrepiece on 2,087sqm of exquisite grounds featuring a sensational 30m frontage and showcasing an established garden paradise complete with putting green and a resort-style swimming pool.
- Sundrenched northerly aspect to all living rooms, bedrooms, gardens, swimming pool and expansive verandahs framing the house
- Gourmet kitchen with 5-burner SMEG deluxe stove, granite benches and breakfast bar plus prestige appliances with ducted air conditioning in three zones to include all bedrooms and living areas
- Large master suite includes bay window plus expansive, north facing sunroom and dual walk-in wardrobes
- Children’s bedrooms include bespoke built-in robes and study nooks, luxury curtains, all with access to the outdoor deck, lawns and pool
- Double garage with entrance to rear gardens, extensive under-house storage space and wine cellar
- Superbly appointed cabana with air conditioning and exclusive travertine patio, ideal as a separate residence, teenage retreat or separate home office
- 600 metres to Killara Station and 27 minutes to CBD, close to Killara Golf Club, sports facilities, parks and shopping centres
- Catchment area for Killara High and Primary Schools, swift access to all North Shore’s leading independent schools