Luxury Outlook 2022
An ambitious exploration into high-end residential markets across the globe.
Single Family Homes
This remarkable Texas Hill Country-type home encompassing approx. 4.86 acres is situated near the end of a private street in coveted Rancho Viejo. An iron entry gate opens to spacious grounds and this sprawling one-story with front and rear courtyards. Three double entry doors lead to open living spaces with tall ceilings, quarried stone accent walls and stained-wood beams. Walls of glass open to expansive sheltered patios with an outdoor fireplace, enormous resort pool and spa with a Spindletop-style, vintage oil derrick, stucco cabanas and an elaborate summer kitchen. The interior floor plan rivals the exterior amenities. Its primary wing includes a secluded multi-room suite with bedroom, study and an extra room with pool access. The secondary wing has a game room, children's study and four bedrooms with en-suite baths. Spacious grounds allow for a barn with air-conditioned storage, a stocked pond, a pavilion and space for horses.
Located twenty miles south of Houston and twenty-seven miles north of Galveston, Friendswood is poised to enjoy everything that Houston, Galveston and its own Bay Area have to offer. Friendswood began in the 1890s when a colony of English Quakers purchased more than 1,500 acres from local land owner J. C. League. The Quakers initially settled close to Alvin but several of the families disapproved of the local customs, which included dancing, and moved to land drained by four creeks: Chigger, Coward’s, Mary’s and Clear. The off-shoot settlement was named Friendswood in honor of The Society of Friends. A post office was established in 1899 and Friendswood Academy graduated its first class in 1907. Residents owned dairy and poultry farms, and grew oranges, strawberries, figs, and rice. Oil was discovered in the area during the 1930s. Friendswood was incorporated in 1960 and in 1962, the NASA Manned Spacecraft Center (now the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center) was established ten miles away. <br