This beach villa is a nalukettu tharavadu that traces its history to 1829. Records indicate that in 1829, upon his ascension to the ivory throne, His Highness Swathi Thirunal Rama Varma Maharaja of Travancore, ordered for the construction of this nalukettu at Kollengode in present day Tamilnadu state.
The nalukettu was painstakingly disassembled from Kanyakumari and transported in its entirety to this piece of property at Mararikulam on Marari Beach, its present-day location. After 5 years of a laborious process, the nalukettu was resurrected in 2013.
Within these walls, floors and ceilings are two centuries of heritage. The intricate carvings and the magnificent wood work incorporate floral and animal motifs local to our land. This is not just any other heritage beach house or beach villa; this nalukettu is a living witness to our history.