At “Casa Verde”, there’s a sense you’ve arrived somewhere very special indeed. Created to co-exist in harmony with its stunning natural surrounds and to complement the mighty 70-year-old fig tree that stands sentinel over this family compound, here, every room has a magic moment and a story to share.
A contemporary take on mid-century modern flair and architecturally designed with specific consideration given to vistas, site lines and the immersive greenery, it’s also enhanced with unique design features. Shou sugi ban joinery is showcased across the fencing and balustrades, as well as the distinctive wraparound exterior screening. Meticulously handcrafted, this Japanese timber addition offers both a veil for privacy while also functioning to soften the northern light and capture cooling breezes to the home's upper level.
Trimmed with VJ panelled walls (a nod to its Queenslander roots), blackbutt chevron floors and striking Spanish tiles, it also delivers a designer kitchen with acclaimed appliances, two comfortable living zones and four supersized bedrooms. Backing directly onto the greenery of Kedron Brook, it’s only fitting this home offers multiple outdoor areas to complement this. Delight guests by entertaining on the expansive entertaining deck, cosy up by the fire pit on cooler winter nights or use the outdoor kitchen area, nestled near a fully landscaped area for kids and pets to play. A lush lawn leads to the park, plus there’s room for a pool in the future.
Perfectly positioned with proximity to Kalinga Park and Kedron Brook, spend your spare time exploring the bike trails and walkways or making the most of the sporting amenities or dog park. You’re also central to Westfield Chermside, Nundah Village, Eagle Junction train station and the airport. Schools, including Eagle Junction Primary and Kedron State High are easily reached and travel north and south via nearby arterial roads.
This is a rare home that shines with passion, quality and personality – arrange your inspection today.
· ‘Casa Verde’ – a contemporary take on mid-century modern, nestled next to a mighty 70-year-old fig tree
· Architecturally designed with specific consideration given to vistas, site lines and the immersive greenery
· 749m2 block backing onto Kedron Brook with dog park, walking trails and sporting amenities
· Extensive use of Shou sugi ban joinery, VJ walls, Blackbutt chevron floors and Spanish tiles
· Kitchen with solid blackbutt bench joinery, Smeg appliances
· Expansive sunken family room with park views and formal lounge with oak wet bar and open fireplace
· 4 king-sized bedrooms, all with park views, built-in robes and 3 with Juliette balconies
· 3 modern bathrooms, study with 3 workstations - ideal for working from home
· Ducted and zoned air-conditioning, thermal insulated roof for energy efficiency, keyless entry
· Multiple alfresco areas including expansive entertaining deck, fire pit, outdoor kitchen area, landscaped gardens and lawns
· Two undercover car spaces and room for 2 cars in driveway/courtyard
· Close to Westfield Chermside, Nundah Village, Eagle Junction train station and arterial roads
· 10 minutes from the airport and zoned for Eagle Junction Primary and Kedron State High