Palais Auersperg is one of the oldest and most historic palaces in Vienna, built between 1706 - 1710, designed by the architects Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach and Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt, the plot is 9,337 m² big and includes a 6,000 m² large park area. Originally it was built in the Baroque style, but the palace has been expanded and rebuilt several times over the years.
The Palais Auersperg is a three-story building with 20 window axes on the street front originally facing the glacis. In front of it was a forecourt, which was delimited by an iron grating interrupted by 23 columns. The Corinthian porch of the strongly protruding central risalit was only built in 1885 based on a design by Carl Gangolph Kayser. Today it contributes significantly to the effect of the main facade. The two side wings were then profiled more richly. The neo-baroque dome-shaped roof structure above the corner building Lerchenfelderstraße / Auerspergstraße also comes from this time and by the same architect. It was provided with a turret with the prince's hat of the Auersperg on its top. The interior of the palace was adapted several times to the prevailing taste, but inlaid floors and some tapestries and paintings have been preserved. The furniture was constantly being renewed in all rooms in the 19th century, so that one cannot speak of any original furnishings. The former wagon passage was redesigned into an oval hall after 1945. Eight antique busts of emperors stand in niches. From here a staircase, which is decorated with two baroque wall fountains and four atlases as well as two niche figures by Anton Fernkorn, leads to the representative rooms on the first floor. There are busts of Austrian rulers on the windowsills. They are dated 1853 and 1854 and labeled Franz Högler. The large double staircase is one of the most beautiful staircases in Vienna. It leads directly into the representative state rooms, which are still used for events today.
The state rooms are the heart of the Palais Auersperg and are located on the 1st floor. Each room is a work of art, starting with the largest room in the middle, the Rosenkavalier Hall. In the left wing are the rooms, Gluck Gallery, Maria-Theresien-Hall, Boudoire, Rofrano Hall and a large kitchen. In the left wing you will find the Idomeneo Hall (named after the opera 'Idomeneo' by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, which performed it 1786 in the Palais Auersperg), the Kaiser Hall, the Crown Prince Rudolf Hall, the library, the winter garden, the music salon, the hall Old restaurant and the offices. In total, the state rooms cover an area of 1179.23 m² and are approved for up to 1000 guests for a cocktail reception. The premises of the state rooms, the vestibule and the entrance area on the ground floor are in an upright tenancy.
The 2nd floor is again divided into the left and right wings, in the middle a narrow balcony connects both sides of the offices and provides a view of the Rosenkavalier Hall. The left wing can also be reached by a staircase through Trautsongasse and has a total area of 430 m² plus a small terrace of 14 m². The right wing can be reached via a staircase thru the Lerchenfelder Straße and covers an area of 485 m². Both office spaces were renovated in 1995 and are currently not in use.
The ground floor has a total area of around 2289 m² and is divided into the entrance area to the state rooms, offices, and the rented shop 'Das Safe' which is 720 m². The remaining offices are vacant.
The entire garden which is 6.000 m² big, has a basement a vaulted cellar, which has been unused for several years. The basement covers an area of 1,122 m².
There are also two garages with an area of 153 m² and a parking space for approx. 6 cars with access through Trautsongasse.
The additional costs in Austria are calculated from the actual purchase price and consist of the following: 3.5 % real estate transfer taxes, 1.1 % land register entry fee 3 % + 20 % taxes broker's commission.