The house on ?irul Livezii was built by Wilhelm Scherg, probably the biggest industrialist in the history of Bra?ov, who made the 'Scherg Woollen Mill' the most important European producer of woollen from the beginning of the 20th century until the interwar period. The house has an imposing character, from its stature, division, to the quality of the details of wood or wrought iron from the inside. Built, most probably, at the end of the 19th century, the house is made out of brick, arranged on 4 levels, B+GF+F+A, adding more than 800 sqm with no less than 15 rooms, 4 bathrooms and a cellar which can perform a current function. Located on Poienii Road, in Po?ta Valley, with a beautiful view over Tâmpei, the park and the historical center of Bra?ov, it is very close to the main attractions of the city, but also to Poiana Bra?ov. The interior is decorated with well-preserved elements that indicate the aristocratic background, amongst them being a monumental wooden staircase, the entrance door and the solid wood parquet, the high rooms with large windows and the exterior carpentry that still preserves the original hardware. Outside, the facade is dominated by two large terraces, at the ground floor and at the first floor, which offer a dream view over Tâmpei, and the old city, as well. On the right side of the house there is a large terrace, above the basement rooms, which can be refurbished. Considering the position of the house and its size, the functions of use can vary, from personal residence, boarding house or company headquarters, to clinic, care center, or office building. The factory was founded by Michael Scherg, Wilhelm's father, who started his business in 1823 with 'a single war of weaving, one press and a dyeing boiler.' Born in 1855, Wilhelm quickly grasped the mysteries of the profession, working as a child with his father: 'While the other school children ran free on the fields and on the orchards, on vacations, Wilhelm had to sit by the saddle and make his pension.' He started his apprenticeship in the drapers guild at 14, and at 18, after his father's death, he left for Germany, studying at the Grunberg School of Weavers. Once schooled, he returned to take over his mother's business and introduce new technologies, such as steam cars and mechanical wars: 'These were the first mechanical wars in Transylvania and Hungary, admired from all sides as real great events.' The business begins to grow from year to year, quickly spreading the news about the quality of the goods and the capacity of production. His woollens, bearing the name 'Brassova', would be required and appreciated throughout Europe, Turkey and even beyond, in Persia. In 1923, on its centenary celebration, the factory had an area of almost 100,000 sqm, with 450 employees and produced hundreds of thousands of square meters of woollens for clients from Vienna to Istanbul.