This magnificent townhouse was designed and built in 1895 by the New York architect Henry Andersen. The elegant limestone façade is a handsome example of the Neo-classical design revived in that era, and inspired by the work of the leading architectural firm of the time, Mckim, Mead, and White.
Located on one of Manhattan’s most beautiful tree-lined townhouse blocks, this distinguished residence is characterized by grand scaled rooms, soaring 14’ high ceilings, 5 working fireplaces, handsome hardwood floors, lovely architectural details, and all the modern amenities essential to elegant entertaining and gracious living. An elevator services all six floors plus a finished basement. This sun-flooded 11,500 square foot house is impeccably appointed and in excellent condition.