Big Sky, Montana
Big Sky Resort: Big Sky, Montana. The mountains are beckoning...Yet none more so than those of Montana. Our mountains epitomize the reason you’ve decided to take a mountain vacation. Come here and you’ll find fewer people, more space, more grandeur and bigger sky.
You can hear the call above all the rest. The magnificent beauty of a Big Sky winter is matched only by the magnificence of our skiing. Big Sky Resort is consistently recognized by national magazines for its beauty, challenging and diverse terrain and lack of lift lines.
Dates of Season: 11/22/2012 – 4/14/2013*
Trails & Terrain:
- Terrain: 3,812 skiable acres
- 150+ marked trails with vast amounts of bowl, chutes, glades and tree skiing
- Terrain Difficulty: 14% (534 acres) Beginner, 26% (991 acres)
- Intermediate, 40% (1,525 acres) Advanced, 20% (762 acres) Expert
- Longest Run: 6 miles (Liberty Bowl to Mountain Mall)
- Terrain Parks: 4 Parks & Skier/Boarder Cross Course
Snowfall & Temperatures:
- Average Snowfall: 400 inches annually
- Average High Temperature: 25 degrees
- Average Low Temperature: 19 degrees
- Summit Elevation: 11,166ft/3,403 meters
- Base Elevation: 7,500ft/2,286 meters
- Vertical Drop: 4,350ft/1,326 meters
HOW TO GET THERE:
It’s easy to get here. The Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport, a scenic, 45-mile drive from Big Sky, has more direct flights than any other small ski town in the West. All of which means you can leave your busy life behind and enjoy the largest skiing in the US in a matter of a few hours. Major airline carriers include: Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, Delta, Frontier, United and US Airways.
Airport Shuttle Service:
Shuttle to Big Sky & Taxi: (888) 454-5667. The most comfortable and cost effective option for families! Service booked around your travel schedule.
Karst Stage Motorcoach Shuttle Service: (800) 287-4759 or (406) 556-3540.
Reservations required. Classic Limo: (406) 585-5466; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although there are plenty of dining and activity options located on the mountain, transportation is available for off-the-mountain adventures.
If you would like complete control over your schedule, we would suggest renting a car.
Airport Rental Car Options:
Alamo Car Rental (406) 388-6694
Avis Car Rental (406) 388-4091
Budget Car Rental (406) 388-4091
Enterprise Rent-a-Car (406) 388-7420
Dollar Car Rental (406) 388-3484
Hertz Rent-a-Car (406) 388-6939
Thrifty Car Rental (406) 388-3484
National Car Rental (406) 388-6694
(406) 995-6BUS. Free skier shuttle that circulates the Meadow, Mountain, and Canyon areas every 30 minutes.
Other Transportation Around Big Sky:
Shuttle to Big Sky & Taxi: (888) 454-5667. Perfect for dinner out! Reservations strongly recommended.